Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas, Christmas time is here...

...time for joy and time for cheer. And for decorating. Kyle got us a real Christmas tree this year. To be completely honest, I have never had a real Christmas tree before. We always had fakes. This tree is huge and I don't yet have the knack for decorating a real tree. I just did not have enough. I tried anyway.

Kathy gave me some clear bulbs, I like what the paint made them look like.

I took left over branches and decorated the mantel.
I wanted to buy a wreath for the door too, but I couldn't find one I liked. And the ones I did like were $50. So I decided to make one. All in all, it cost me $6 and it is definitely the project I am most proud of this year.


Oh, last but not least, I found the cutest thing at target. I bought two nutcrackers - one that represents me and then one that represents Kyle. Mine is rather literal, but Kyle's ...well I guess he is rather turning into a cowboy - minus the horse, hat, and cows. : )

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you on the wreath situation...only problem is that I am not talented with crafts and cannot whip one up. boooo

    ReplyDelete