Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Married Life...


When I was young, I thought married life was one thing and one thing only – boring. Coming home everyday to the same house, to the same people, to the same tasks seemed too little to sustain my “I-wanna…I-wanna…I-wanna” attitude of the time. But it’s funny how those “I-wannas” change over time as one matures and values set in that actually mean something. Now, I love my home, I love the person I come home to everyday, I love my tasks, I love my day-to-day life. Though I have to say I still hate mornings…booo to mornings…we should be able to sleep in until at least 10 to then go and teach the future. The future wouldn’t mind sleeping in until 10 either. We can just expect kids to eat a nice brunch before they come to school and then they can just snack while we are teaching them. Skip lunch – it’s a waste of time. Hmm…another clue that being a professor wouldn’t be so bad. Anyway, I digress.

Married life. After I am dressed and in my car in the morning, sipping on coffee (I am a little addicted to it now), I perk up. I love my job. It is amazing imparting knowledge, inspiring great thinkers, challenging the brains of teenagers who many, if left to go at themselves, would rather waste their brains on mindless Jersey Shore and video games. And then I come home to a warm and inviting space that I got to decorate and love accordingly and I eat and watch TV and hang out with the coolest man …and his beard. Confession – I wouldn’t cry if the beard wasn’t involved. (Have you seen that thing lately – it has moved beyond a little scruffy and is now more Abe Lincoln) But, life is awesome and fulfilling and joyful. Even more so today – hence the outburst of happy – because it is SNOWING and snow brings joy like “getting-out-of-going-to-work-because-I-am-a-teacher” joy. I also already had 3 cups of coffee and am still in my sweatpants. : ))))

Married life is different though. Well, even just “living-with-Kyle” life was different. Like I used to go to the grocery store maybe twice a month and survive just fine. I can easily and happily live off of cereal, peanut butter toast, and cottage cheese. But, men seem to like hot meals, especially hot meals that involve some sort of meat. I can’t believe how much a vegetarian I used to be, not by choice, but by laziness. If it wasn’t for those all so needed trips to Red Robin all the time, I could have easily given up meat and not even known it. Also, Kyle doesn’t seem to understand the concept of watching crap TV just to make fun of it. Ya know, you watch The Bachelor not because you believe in the process of game show love, but because you want to make fun of the large-chested blonde who says “now my parents will be proud of me” when she is being kicked off the show. Ha. He thinks crap TV, no matter how you watch it, is always crap TV. And the man cannot get my obsession with the Gilmore Girls. He gets the love for The Office and How I Met Your Mother, but Gilmore Girls – not quite. Ugh, I wish my best gal pals didn’t live so far away. I have two extra bedrooms ladies..huh? huh? We could get a trundle bed? What an offer!

*Sigh*

None-the-less, I love living with Stephen Kyle Wade.  We are always having a good time and he doesn’t watch mindless sports all day and he even plays Just Dance with me. Life is good. Sometimes the world is as easy as a bumper sticker. 

P.S. I love writing. Sometimes I wish I could be social commentator. I wish I had a column in a paper that just involved me, with much wit and charm, saying things like “have you noticed lately that…” and “the world today…” and “in my studies of the day to day in this town…” Okay, that last one sounded a little presumptuous, but hey, what “the-world-in-my-view” column writer doesn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment