Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's a West Side Story

Nabbed this photo from an online newspaper
Phew.



These last couple months have had some long long nights.  Kyle and I moved in November, then I had Dance Team, staying after school almost every day of the week for performances and practices, and then I volunteered to help with the SDHS production of West Wide Story. And I have to say, during the last days of sewing skirts for West Side, I was getting testy. I was tired of working all night long to fall asleep and wake up to go back to work. But, now that I am done, I have to say it was worth it. Every minute. To see the faces of those students after each performance, after dancing or after acting, has been priceless. It amazes me how much time teachers spend with the youth they teach. And I pray with all my heart that I am making a positive difference with all that time.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you...that is me with the soccer. I know you are making a positive difference! When is your spring break?

    ReplyDelete