Sunday, February 20, 2011

So Crafty



I have sewing injuries.

Yep.

A bunch of bruises and pricks on my hands and arms. And, when I was sewing yesterday, I broke the needle and...PHEW...thank goodness I was wearing my glasses, because a piece of the needle was very close to hitting me in the eye.

How is Martha Stewart still alive?

She has someone do all the manual craftiness for her, I bet.

Anyway, I volunteered to help out with costumes for the Drama team's production of West Side Story. I am so excited to help, but I was a little late in getting started. And, of course, I underestimated the time it takes to make 23 knee-length full skirts.

Also, all this sewing for school has inspired my imagination to run wild on all the ways I can add a crafty touch to our house and to our wedding. I have so many ideas, and now my projects are piling up. Here are just a few I have in mind:
  • Curtains for the bathroom - made out of a cute shower curtain
  • Curtains for the office - made out of sheets that I love but are kind of stiff
  • A padded headboard to put in the guest bedroom
  • Shelves for the bathroom
  • Throw pillows for all the rooms that need them
  • Making hook displays for better storage in closet, office, and at entry
  • Hemming curtains for living room
Okay...I have to stop...the list is starting to overwhelm. Ha. I have to take some pictures of the updates I have made to our house since the last time I posted about it. I can't help but decorate all the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment