Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunny Florida, here we come...

Sooo excited about thanksgiving, about meeting Easton, about seeing Drachel, about 77 degree weather, about our photo shoot, about a week off of school, and yes even about the road trip down there.*Big Smiles*
Going to see this handsome fella. : )

I spent yesterday baking so we could have some snacks to bring with us and I would grade my success with ...maybe a B-. I am not the master baker; I leave that title for Briana. I try, but with hardly any luck. I attempted to make oatmeal cookies (from the Pioneer Woman cookbook), peanut-butter and jeally bars (from Martha Stewart), and chocolate-chip banana nut bread (from a Pillsbury cookbook). The cookies turned out a little  hard, the peanut-butter and jelly bars really really sweet, and the bread a little crisp on top. Not too too bad, but definitely not put-a-picture-on-the-blog worthy.

I am so excited to get our engagement pictures done. I didn't think Kyle and I would ever find the time - we kept just putting it off, not even planning a day to do it really, so when we finally made the plans to spend a week in FL, I thought - well that might be the perfect time. Rachel, a definite master photographer, is going to snap a few shots for us so we can finally make our save-the-dates and get those sent out. I am bringing some props - an old suitcase, a bouquet of dried flowers, a few crafty hearts, some books...and I hope to get some helium balloons while we are done there. I want the pictures to look easy breezy beautiful ...with a cover girl and guy...but I don't want them to look over staged. In that mindset...here are a few engagement shots I liked...

1 comment:

  1. cute picture ideas! Rachel does do the best job. I'm excited to see what you guys do! :)

    ReplyDelete