Saturday, September 4, 2010

Now this is high school.

Teaching at Stuarts Draft really feels like teaching at a home town high school. It feels like my first high school in Pennsylvania. Surrounded by corn fields. Full of charm, pride, and the love of football. Last night, I had probably the best time ever as a teacher at a school event. It was Draft's first football game and people showed up! Luckily I work there, so I was able to snag a great parking spot early.

But the game was wonderful. First of all, we won! Even though everyone was sure we were bound for defeat. It was a close game, Draft pulling out the win in the last seconds. All of the teachers sat together and cheered together from the 50 yard line. And I could really feel the school spirit and pride. It felt so homey - like baked bread and fresh cut grass. The scenery was beautiful, with the blue ridge mountains in the background. There was a breeze. The cheerleaders were full of pep and looking adorable. It was like from a TV show. I loved it!

Oh and I got to then watch a movie, girls night in style, with Celia and Mary Scott. Yay!

Cougar Roar!

1 comment:

  1. Our high school was like that :) we sucked though, 'xept one year, and yay to girls night! Tell 'em I said Aloha. :) and thanks for my comment! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete