Monday, September 13, 2010

Oh, Pottery Barn. Oh, Pottery Barn.

I think I love Pottery Barn. They are not the cheapest in home furnishing, but they speak to me. Finally, I think I found bedding I like. I have settled on getting a white comforter and a duvet cover. That will make it easier if I ever want to change the look of the bedroom and plus I want one of Pottery Barn's duvet sets. However, I can't pick.

I thought of doing a nautical theme in the master bedroom, but I think I will save that for the guest bedroom. Since I found nautical bedding I like that will fit better in that room. So that leaves the door wide open (again) for the master. Well, the walls are painted light blue. And the furniture (including the bed once I stain it) is dark brown.

Here are the duvets I like. Leave me a comment to vote for the one you prefer.



Monreale Paisley
More reds.
I like the paisley.
And this one is on sale.
But, is it too girl?












Blythe Paisley
More of a tan base.
I really like this one, but it is organic sateen cotton, so it is a bit more expensive.
I like this one with red as more of an accent color.









Wells Palampore 
This one I think screams the style of my house.
It is a little whimsy and a little country.
But it doesn't have a lot of blue in it.
I still like it though.









Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. You sound like me... I love pottery barn, but I end up having to find cheaper ways to decor, sigh, but the duvet is a good idea, cheaper and doable!

    1. Oh I love this, it is girl but who cares? Its such a lovely pretty bed spread it sooo worth it! It's so awesome, plus Kyle just sleeps there. Unless you put it on his fishing poles, ps3 he is likely not to care!

    2. Not my favorite between the two lookwise (you know me I like color) but sateen?! Who doesn't want to sleep on that??? worth it.

    3. Like this one a lot. It does fit your house best and I think you can buy a pretty blue blanket for the foot or pull in blue pillows, very awesome.

    Put numbers in a jar you can't really go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote goes with choice #1 :)

    1- it's SOOOO cute!
    2- it's on sale!!!!
    3- it will look good in your bedroom.

    oh and yes it's girly, but just tell Kyle that green in it is called "fisherman green" that will make him love it! :) :)

    ReplyDelete