Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hallowhiny ...Hallowork

I love Halloween, but this one hasn't been the best one ever. 

So let's start with HALLOWHINY!
First of all - Kyle has to work all weekend. Boo! (the thumbs down kind of boo - not the scary mask kind) But we knew that, so we had planned ahead and decided to do our Halloween last week. However, Busch Gardens was so packed they handed us a flyer on the way in proclaiming that they might shut down the park because it could possibly reach capacity. Sooo...we turned around and never went in. It was a practical decision - paying $100 to stand in lines and bump into people all day would not have been fun - but still a bummer. It was fun hanging out with the Wallaces in Williamsburg all weekend, though. That made it better. As did shopping at the outlets, seeing them again, and hanging with all the Wades this weekend! But still - no costume, no haunted house, and I forgot my Halloween treat in Williamsburg.


Two years ago - Kyle and I were Jack Skellington and Sally and it was awesome! Last year, I was an awesome viking and I got to party with a sailor, a dark fairy, and a demon. This year I am "On House Arrest Girl." My costume is complete with sweatpants, a pony tail, and stacks of school work.

That brings us to HalloWORK! I don't know how I got so behind at school, but I am stressed out. So stressed out that the scariest part of this Halloween season are my finger nails. I have chewed them down to the nubs. I am behind at school, I need to get a tenant in to take over our lease at the townhouse, I need to start packing and painting, I need to get my wisdom teeth out, I need to start shopping for Christmas, I need to save money, I need to help with the dance team at school, I need to help with the fall play, I need to find flooring, I need to....AHHHHH!

Phew.

So much good is happening in my life right. BIG GOOD! And that makes me giggle like tickle-me Elmo, but at the same time I feel so overwhelmed. It's like Cirque du Soleil is performing in my stomach and they are booked for 4 shows a day!

So.

Deep breath.

Big smile.

And Happy Halloween.

Next year I will have an awesome costume. No matter what!

Here are some of my favorite pumpkin carving contest winners. This is another one of my plans for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment